Puppy Training Program
Here at Goosetown Goldens, we believe that getting your puppy off to the right start and implementing appropriate training from the beginning is very important. We also understand that not everyone likes the brand new puppy stage. We currently offer a 4 week Puppy Training Program solely to our own puppy buyers. We only offer 3 spots per litter for this additional program and it is on a first come first serve basis.
Cost for our Puppy Training Program is $140 a week ($20 a day) starting at 8 weeks of age. Puppies may stay for the full duration of the program or just on a week by week basis. Food, vaccinations, and deworming costs are covered in this fee while your puppy is with us for this Program.
By putting your puppy through this program, you will not have to worry about all brand new introductions to the basics but you still get to enjoy having a puppy. Most of the introductory work will already be done and they will be ready to settle in to your home. You will need to continue on what we have started and get into a routine of your own.
Below is what your puppy will be introduced to;
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
1. Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
2. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet, mouth)
3. Introduction to leash walking
4. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
5. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
6. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
7. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
1. Potty training
2. Ability to be crated for a short period of time
3. Socialization with other pets & kids
4. Introduction to "Place"
1. Free of aggression toward people
2. Free of aggression toward other puppies
3. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
4. Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
5. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy